Real Reviews by Real People of Mystery Shopping Sites

Hi, my name is Scott Welch and I'm one of the founders of Top Site Reviews a website that reviews various online opportunities to try to make sure that people don't fall for the fraudulent or scam sites (I myself have been a victim in the past; this is why I got started doing this). I also created a blog called Paid Survey Site Reviews which is a companion and sister site to this blog. That blog is dedicated to reviewing Paid Survey websites so that ordinary people like you and me can give feedback on which paid survey sites actually made them money and which were scams and a waste of time. In similar fashion, this blog is dedicated to reviewing the Mystery Shopping industry to tell which sites/companies are worth joining and which are just garbage. For those who don't know, 'Mystery Shopping' is a multi-million dollar industry employed by almost every major business in the nation. Mystery shoppers are paid to shop at stores, eat at restaurants, watch movies, and then report back to the company that employed them how they were treated while they were shopping (or dining, or whatever the specific mystery shopping job entailed). In this way businesses can monitor and enhance their customer service. Mystery Shopping is a real business and I myself have done it on many occasions (I prefer the jobs that entail going to the movie theater as I'm not as much of a 'mall' person and I love movies, but that's neither here nor there). Companies and businesses are constantly seeking to recruit new mystery shoppers and the jobs themselves usually take less than an hour to do (sometimes a lot less). Plus on occasion the mystery shopper gets to keep what he was being paid to shop for free. The problem is that (like so many other things on the internet) it's hard for someone who's interested in becoming a mystery shopper to know which websites and online services really have REAL mystery shopping opportunities and which are just out to rip people off. So I've put together this blog to relate my own experiences and to invite others to share their own reviews of which mystery shopping sites are for real and which ones are not.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mystery Shopping Sites that are Scams

Here's the meat and potatoes of this blog. I'm looking for comments from real people about their negative experiences with websites or companies in the mystery shopping industry. This is the place to vent about the bad sites, and I invite everyone not to hold anything back. At the same time I want real stories of things that happened to you, not some urban legend that you heard happened to a friend of a friend.

Knowing which mystery shopping sites are fraudulent is every bit as important as knowing which ones are legit. The scam sites are a waste of time and money, and sometimes the fraudulent sites will use your private information against you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is more in the form of a question... I joined Secretshopperconnection.com a few days ago and I'm not happy yet. Not saying there's anything wrong with the service (too soon to know) but I'm wondering if anyone else knows anything about them. I'm thinking I should join the one recommended by the blogger here instead. Anybody know anything about secretshopperconnection.com?